Tax and Alcohol Info for South Dakota's GrocersSouth Dakota Retailers Association 10/3/2018
South Dakota grocers: Miss this morning's webinar with tax and alcohol info tailored specifically to your industry? Watch it at your convenience: https://youtu.be/wiAAlKS593A.
Presented by SDRA and the South Dakota Department of Revenue, this webinar includes info on issues such as:
- How is prepared deli food taxed?
- How are bakery goods taxed?
- Should tax be applied to SNAP and WIC purchases?
- Do you owe use tax on packaging materials used in the meat, produce and deli departments?
- What you need to know about use tax on napkins, straws, disposable utensils and other items used in the bakery or deli department
- How tax applies to coupon purchases
- Dealing with tax exempt entities
- Whether you should add tax if you make deliveries and charge a fee
- How to calculate tax if your store offers catering services
- How tax applies if you provide free sample items to customers
- Do you owe use tax when you donated goods to fund-raisers or other events?
- What is municipal gross receipts
- What does the law say about who can stock alcohol
- What does the revised state law say about hours of selling alcohol, and the legal age a clerk must be to ring up an alcohol sale
- Can an underage bagger bag up an alcohol purchases for a customer
- And more