What South Dakota Grocers and C-Stores Need to Know About Tax and Alcohol LawsSouth Dakota Retailers Association 9/22/2018
Many tax issues are unique to South Dakota's grocery store businesses. We've lined up a free webinar on October 2 that will provide helpful information those businesses need to know. Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3092492293932040449
During the one hour webinar, the South Dakota Department of Revenue's Business Tax and Special Taxes Divisions will answer questions you have about issues such as:
- How is prepared deli food taxed?
- How are bakery goods taxed?
- Should tax be applied to SNAP and WIC purchases?
- Do you owe use tax on packaging materials used in the meat, produce and deli departments?
- What you need to know about use tax on napkins, straws, disposable utensils and other items used in the bakery or deli department
- How tax applies to coupon purchases
- Dealing with tax exempt entities
- Whether you should add tax if you make deliveries and charge a fee
- How to calculate tax if your store offers catering services
- How tax applies if you provide free sample items to customers
- Do you owe use tax when you donated goods to fund-raisers or other events?
- What is municipal gross receipts
- What does the law say about who can stock alcohol
- What does the revised state law say about hours of selling alcohol, and the legal age a clerk must be to ring up an alcohol sale
- Can an underage bagger bag up an alcohol purchases for a customer
- And more
This webinar will be recorded. Anyone who signs up - even if they're not able to participate in the live program - will receive a link to the recording and a copy of the slides used in the presentation.