Van De Walle Elected SDRA Board PresidentSouth Dakota Retailers Association - SDRA 1/17/2019
The members of the South Dakota Retailers Association (SDRA) have elected a slate of officers and board members for 2019. Those elected include:
Terry Van De Walle of Sioux Falls Elected SDRA Board President
Terry Van De Walle of W.R. Hospitality in Sioux Falls has been elected President of the SDRA Board of Directors. Van De Walle officially received the gavel from outgoing President Gary Cammack of Union Center during SDRA’s Awards Banquet in Pierre on January 7. Van De Walle has served on the SDRA Board since 2010. (Photo: Van De Walle, left, receives the gavel from Cammack.)
Other 2019 Officers
R.F. Buche of Wagner Named President-Elect
R.F. Buche of G.F. Buche Company, based in Wagner, has been named President-Elect. Buche has served on the board since 2012.
Steve Beck of Pierre Elected Secretary-Treasurer
Steve Beck of Beck Motor Company in Pierre has been elected Secretary-Treasurer of the SDRA Board of Directors. Beck has served on the Board since 2011.
Gary Cammack Serves on Executive Board
As immediate Past President, Gary Cammack of Cammack Ranch Supply in Union Center will serve on SDRA’s Executive Board. Cammack, who has served on the SDRA Board since 2009, served as Board President the last two years.
Seven Board Members Elected
SDRA board members are responsible for setting policy, determining the organization’s legislative positions, and implementing membership programs and services. Seven board members were elected during the annual meeting.
- Travis Anderberg of Miller Rexall Drug in Miller has been elected to his second three-year term on the SDRA Board of Directors.
- Sean Dempsey of Dempsey’s Brewery Pub and Restaurant in Watertown has been elected to his first three-year term.
- Jason Harms of Harms Oil Company in Brookings has been elected to his second three-year term.
- Debra Jensen of Black Hills Bagels in Rapid City has been elected to her first three-year term.
- Kevin Nyberg of Nyberg’s Ace in Sioux Falls has been elected to his second three-year term.
- Susan Peterson of Scott Peterson Motors in Belle Fourche has been elected to her first three-year term.
- Lori Lang of Dark Canyon Coffee in Rapid City was elected to a one-year term on the Association’s Services Corporation Board. The SDRA Services Corporation Board oversees current SDRA member services and considers options for new services.
Outgoing board members Past President Dan Tribby of Prairie Edge in Rapid City, board member David Kline of Kline Jewelry in Yankton and board member Terry Rymer of Black Hills Harley-Davidson in Rapid City were recognized at the Annual Meeting, and thanked for their service to the association.