2018 SDRA Employment Law Seminar SeriesSouth Dakota Retailers Association - SDRA 3/1/2018
SDRA will present Labor Law Seminars in Aberdeen, Mitchell and Rapid City in May. The programs will feature Christopher Hoyme of the employment law firm Jackson Lewis, PC of Omaha, Nebraska.
Click on the name of the venue to go to their website; click on the address for a map:
- Aberdeen: Tues., May 8, 2018 at Dakota Event Center (720 Lamont St. S.)
- Mitchell: Wed., May 9, 2018 at Highland Conference Center (2000 Highland Way)
- Rapid City: Thurs., May 10, 2018 at Comfort Suites Hotel & Convention Center (1333 N. Elk Vale Rd)
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. local time (lunch is included)
Fee: $25 for SDRA members and their employees / $40 for nonmembers
Who Should Attend: Business owners, managers, supervisors and human resources personnel
How to Register:
- Online - click here
- Click here for a fillable PDF that can be submitted via email
- Call: 800.658.5545
- Click on the picture above for a full-page PDF to fill out and mail in with your check
Among the Topics to be Discussed:
- Answers to frequently asked employment law questions
- Employee handbooks: Do you need one? What should be in it?
- What to know about sick leave, vacation time, personal leave, other time off
- Sexual harassment, discrimination, and retaliation
- Politics and the workplace
- Social media issues in hiring decisions and on-the-job
- Can you establish different policies for different employees?
- Risks and rewards of making exceptions to company policies
- Being sensitive to pay equity issues
- Accommodating pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers: state and federal requirements
- Wage and hour update
- And more!