Planning a Career in Business? Apply for a Scholarship From SDRASouth Dakota Retailers Association - SDRA 1/11/2019
SDRA will award thousands of dollars in scholarships this year to students who are planning a career in a retail or retail-related field. Eligible careers include a broad range of fields such as culinary arts, auto repair, business administration, HVAC, pharmacy, tourism industry management and other retail-related careers.
The deadline to apply for a scholarship this year is April 22, 2019.
The number and amount of scholarships varies from year to year. In 2018, nine scholarships were awarded in amounts ranging from $1,000 to $2,000.
To submit an application for the 2019/2020 school year:
- Fill out an application using this fillable PDF form.
- Click on "Submit Form" in the upper right corner. NOTE: You should receive a confirmation email from SDRA after submitting your application. Ifyou don't receive a confirmation email, please email SDRA to verify that we received your application.
- Provide other required information as an attachment with the application or send separately:
- your goals, challenges and accomplishments
- most recent grade transcript
- two letters of reference (at least one must be from a person who currently owns or manages a business)
To be eligible for an SDRA scholarship, students must:
- submit an application by mail or email by April 22, 2019
- plan a career in a retail or retail-related field as an owner, manager or employee
- enroll in 12 or more credit hours of classes at a qualifying college, university, tech school, or certified professional training institute for the fall of 2019
- either have graduated from high school in South Dakota OR plan to attend a college, university or vocational school in South Dakota in the fall of 2019
- have completed at least 24 credits from a qualifying college or university, or at least 12 credits from a qualifying tech school or certified professional training institute by the fall of 2019 (NOTE: full-time post secondary work experience will be considered in lieu of this post secondary education requirement)
For a hard copy of the application or for additional information, email SDRA, or call us at 800.658.5545. Hard copies of the application are also generally available at financial aid offices of South Dakota universities and vocational schools.