Work Opportunity: ServSafe Instructor Needed in Rapid CitySouth Dakota Retailers Association 5/14/2018
The position of ServSafe® instructor for the South Dakota Retailers Association.
This is an independent contractor position instructing classes in Rapid City, South Dakota at least once a month, and scheduled according to instructor’s availability. Compensation is per class.
Instructor must be skilled at instruction and be able to relate the topic training to the attendees of the class.
All requirements must be met to inquire.
1. Must meet one of these:
- 5 years hospitality or retail food service experience (minimum of 3 years in salaried management)
- Professional teacher/professor in high school or college hospitality, culinary or nutritional programs
- Government regulator
2. Have a high school diploma/GED or advanced education.
3. Must be a certified ServSafe® instructor and registered ServSafe® proctor and be in good standing for a minimum of 6 months.
Instructor will earn:
- $600 for each 8 hour ServSafe® Food Protection
- $400 for each 4 hour State-Only ServSafe® Food Handler class
How to Apply
Send these documents for consideration to become a ServSafe® instructor with SDRA:
• Cover letter and resume
• Approved ServSafe® Instructor amd Proctor Certificate
PO Box 638
Pierre, SD 57501
The interview process will require the applicant to view a current instructor in the class and briefly demonstrate their teaching ability from a section of the class.