2018 Legislative Bulletin #3 Now Available OnlineSouth Dakota Retailers Association - SDRA 2/7/2018
The third Legislative Bulletin of the 2018 Legislative Session is on it way to members and will be in your mailbox soon.
Members don't need to wait: read it online now in the members-only area of our website at https://www.sdra.org/members/legislative_bulletins.asp. Need help with your username and password? Email us at email@example.com.
Included in this issue, information on legislation pertaining to:
- Tourism tax: a proposal to cut the tax OR to raise the tax and apply it only to visitors from out-of-state
- A plan to raise the state's share of video lottery income, followed by a repeal
- Pharmacy pricing information legislation
- Lodging fee disclosure
- Proposed alcohol and tobacco tax hikes
- Sales tax on food proposal
- Public records
- Firearms in public places
- Asking job applicants about their current salaries
- Required signage on unisex bathrooms
- And more
The Legislative Bulletins are just one way we keep our members up-to-date on legislative action. Watch for e-lerts on key issues. If a proposal impacts just one segment of our members, we'll send an e-lert to those businesses.