Have You Applied Yet? SDRA is Accepting 2018 Scholarship Applications.South Dakota Retailers Association 2/9/2018
SDRA will be awarding thousands of dollars in scholarships to students who are planning a career in a retail or retail-related field. The deadline to apply for a scholarship this year is April 20, 2018.
The number and amount of scholarships varies from year to year. In 2016 and 2017, a total of 24 scholarships were awarded, ranging from $600 to $2,250.
To be eligible for an SDRA scholarship, students must:
- submit an application by mail or email by April 20, 2018
- plan a career in a retail field (owner, manager or employee)
- enroll in 12 or more credit hours of classes at a qualifying college, university, tech school, or certified professional training institute for the fall of 2018
- either have graduated from high school in South Dakota OR plan to attend a college, university or vocational school in South Dakota in the fall of 2018
- have completed at least 24 credits from a qualifying college or university, or at least 12 credits from a qualifying tech school or certified professional training institute by the fall of 2018 (NOTE: full-time post secondary work experience will be considered in lieu of this post secondary education requirement)
HOW TO APPLY
1. Application - Fill out the application. (Fillable PDF available here)
2. Goals - Print or type your goals, challenges and accomplishments -or- submit via YouTube and email the link to SDRA (see instructions on the application)
3. Transcript - Request a copy of your most recent college or vocational school grade transcript.
4. References - Obtain two letters of reference. At least one must be from a person who currently owns or manages a business.
5. Send it in - Submit completed application and accompanying materials to SDRA by the deadline. There are four options to submit an application:
- fill out the fillable PDF application form and click on Submit
- submit via Email
- mail a hard copy to SDRA | PO Box 638 | Pierre, SD 57501
- fax to: 605.224.2059
For a hard copy of the application or for additional information, email SDRA, or call us at 800.658.5545 and ask for Stacy or Donna. Hard copies of the application are also available at financial aid offices of South Dakota universities and vocational schools.