January 8, 2018: Join us for our Annual MeetingSouth Dakota Retailers Association 10/31/2017
Register online (to pay by credit card, call the SDRA office at 800.658.5545)
Mark your calendar: SDRA's Annual Meeting is coming up Monday, January 8, 2018 at the Ramkota River Centre in Pierre.
There's lots to look forward to:
- A nationally-recognized economist will provide insight on the state of the economy and how generational changes are impacting your business. He incorporates humor with a timely message.
- Our legislative briefing will give you a preview of what we're anticipating in the upcoming legislative session. Hear from legislative leaders and our legislative team.
- SDRA service providers and state agencies will have booths to provide information and answer your questions.
- Mingle with legislators and retailers from across the state at the Social Hour and Awards Banquet.
- Find out who the 2018 Retailer of the Year Award recipient is.
JANUARY 8, 2018 | Ramkota RiverCentre | Pierre
12:15 p.m. Exhibitor Booths (no charge)
Visit with SDRA's service providers as well as with representatives from state agencies, including:
- South Dakota Department of Revenue
- South Dakota Division of Rehabilitation Services
- Delta Dental
- UFG / Insurance Benefits
- Infotech Solutions, LLC
1:00 p.m. The State of the Economy - featuring Dr. Stephen Happel, Professor Emeritus of Economics at the Arizona State University W.P. Carey School of Business (no charge)
Dr. Happel is a nationally recognized speaker on the current outlook for the U.S. and individual states' economies, key demographic trends affecting financial institutions, Federal Reserve policy, and current tax/spending proposals. He's known for clear and factual presentations that incorporate light humor. We invited Dr. Happel to speak at our annual meeting after he spoke to SDRA's Board of Directors at our summer board meeting. Our board and staff thought the membership could benefit from hearing his insight on the economy and the generational changes in both the workforce and your customer base.
2:00 - 5:00 p.m. (Members Only) Annual Meeting & Legislative Briefing (no charge to attend)
- Governor Dennis Daugaard, House Minority Leader Spencer Hawley of Brookings, and Senate President Pro Tempore Brock Greenfield of Clark will provide an inside look at what they're expecting for the upcoming session
- SDRA's legislative team will give you our thoughts on hot button retail issues for the 2018 legislative session
- Election of new SDRA Board of Directors
- A quick snapshot of highlights from the past year
6:00 p.m. Social Hour & ProStart Silent Auction ($40 per person for SDRA members to attend the Social Hour and Awards Banquet / $50 for nonmembers)
- Mingle with legislators, state officials, and retailers from across the state during the social hour
- Enjoy appetizers prepared by Brookings High School ProStart students
- Support students during the silent auction to benefit the South Dakota ProStart program
7:00 p.m. Awards Banquet
- Help us honor the recipient of the 2018 Retailer of the Year Award
- Dine with legislators from your area and with other public officials
For more information call SDRA at 800.658.5545, or contact us via email.