Retail Prophet and Legislative Bulletin
Reserve ad space in the Retail Prophet and/or Legislative Bulletin:
- 2019 ad order form (fillable PDF format; fill out and click on Submit Form)
- 2019 advertising rate sheet and ad order form (PDF)
- You have until November 23, 2018 to order your ad in the December 2018/January 2019 Retail Prophet at this link. That issue includes our Annual Report.
Want to know what's happening with legislative and regulatory issues for South Dakota businesses, what the retail trends are, what kinds of questions retailers have as they operate their businesses, and how things are going with sales in South Dakota?
The Retail Prophet is where our members turn for that information.
The South Dakota Retailers Association has been publishing a newsletter since 1899! The Retail Prophet is the regular newsletter of the South Dakota Retailers Association, keeping our members up-to-date on legislative and regulatory issues. It contains answers to questions from retailers, reports on taxable sales in the state, and updates on retail trends. We publish issues in April/May, June/July, August/September, October/November, and December/January. It is available in both hard copy and online.
From late January to early March, our members know they can count on us for weekly updates on what's happening at the State Legislature, and how it will impact their business. SDRA publishes a weekly Legislative Bulletin which explains the retail-related issues being discussed and acted on by the South Dakota Legislature. The Bulletin includes a section showing the status of retail-related bills - in 2017, we tracked 188 proposals.
Both publications are mailed to all SDRA members, to prospective members, state agencies, legislators and other policy makers, as well as to other associations. They are also posted on our website.
When South Dakota's Legislative Session gets underway in January, hundreds of people at the Capitol will be carrying around SDRA's newest Legislative Lineup.
The Lineup features:
- photos, contact information and committee assignments for each state legislator
- committee schedules
- lists of which legislators serve on all standing committees
- maps of the Capitol committee rooms
- photos and contact information for constitutional officers, the Supreme Court and South Dakota's Congressional Delegation
- other important facts about the legislative process
6,000 copies of the popular booklet are printed and distributed each year. It's used by legislators, state officials, lobbyists and visitors who come to the State Capitol to watch the legislative process. We've been publishing this handy booklet every year since 1983.
Interested in advertising in the 2019 Legislative Lineup? Order an ad in one of two ways:
Fill out and submit this electronic form: https://sdra.wufoo.com/forms/r1upozuf04jxhaf/
Print, fill out and mail this form.