SDRA is your source for information to help you and your business. Our seminars provide updates on key issues. We add to the schedule periodically, so be sure to check back.
Employment Law Seminar Series
Click on the name of the venue to go to their website; click on the address for a map:
- Aberdeen: Tues., May 8, 2018 at Dakota Event Center (720 Lamont St. S.)
- Mitchell: Wed., May 9, 2018 at Highland Conference Center (2000 Highland Way)
- Rapid City: Thurs., May 10, 2018 at Comfort Suites Hotel & Convention Center (1333 N. Elk Vale Rd)
Fee: $25 for SDRA members and their employees / $40 for nonmembers
Who Should Attend: Business owners, managers, supervisors and human resources personnel
How to Register:
- Online - click here
- Click here for a fillable PDF that can be submitted via email
- Call: 800.658.5545
- Click on the picture at right for a full-page PDF to fill out and mail in with your check
- Chris Hoyme, employment law attorney with Jackson Lewis, PC
- Second speaker to be announced
Among the Topics to be Discussed:
- Answers to frequently asked employment law questions
- Employee handbooks: Do you need one? What should be in it?
- What to know about sick leave, vacation time, personal leave, other time off
- Sexual harassment, discrimination, and retaliation
- Politics and the workplace
- Social media issues in hiring decisions and on-the-job
- Can you establish different policies for different employees?
- Risks and rewards of making exceptions to company policies
- Being sensitive to pay equity issues
- Accommodating pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers: state and federal requirements
- Wage and hour update
- And more!
Department of Revenue Tax Seminars
The South Dakota Department of Revenue (DOR) regularly schedules half-day seminars on both sales and use tax as well as contractors' excise tax and other tax topics. For more information on registering visit the DOR website.